- A selection of mosaic tiles
- A mosaic pot - this quite a large pot measuring 30 cm's high & 20 cm's across the top
- Cement based adhesive
- Primer & grout additive - this has a double purpose, to seal the pot prior to mosaicing & added to the grout to improve the grouts flexibility.
- Grey grout
- Tools - two wheeled nippers, repositioning tool, sponges, water & containers, rags for grouting.
- Source materials & pot
- Seal the pot - I've used a primer & grout additive, which has a double purpose. You can use it to seal your pot prior to mosaicing & then add it to your grout in with water a ratio of 50/50 to improve the grouts flexibility.
- Plan you design - This design is based on using a variety of tiles in different styles and tones of blue. Interest in created in varying the size of the tiles & working with flowing lines to create sections within the design. The round cabochons create focal points throughout.
- Apply your tiles - I've used a waterproof cement based adhesive which is suitable for exterior use and & holds the tiles in place as you work on a rounded surface. Allow 24 hours for the adhesive to cure.
- Remove any excess adhesive prior to grouting, this is to ensure that no adhesive shows through the grout.
- Grout the pot - I've used grey grout, which is considered a safe option in colour choice, great if you are uncertain as to what colour to choose. Allow the grout to dry for 24 hours.
Legal Disclaimer: No warranty is implied by these instructions. Use at your own risk. The Mosaic Store and its proprietors are not responsible for the results of any actions taken on the basis of this information, or for any omission in the advice. Please wear appropriate safety equipment when cutting mosaic materials and using grouts and adhesives. Keep out of reach of children. This newsletter is copyrighted and is made available for personal use only. Please ask permission if you wish to copy any part of it.