You can add a metallic or pearlesent effect to your polymer clay tiles easily with Pearl Ex pigment powders. Pearl Ex Powdered Pigments are an extremely versatile product that can be mixed into any media and applied to any surface.
Ways You Can UsePearl Ex Pigments On Polymer Clay
- With a small amount of powder on your finger, rub on the Pearl Ex powder to the clay before it is baked. A little bit goes a long way.
- To apply with a brush, dip the tip of the brush into the powdered pigment and tap the excess off on the side of the container.
- If using either a brush or fingertip, tap off the excess powder before applying so that it does not fall into the crevices.
- Dust a polymer clay rubber mould with Pearl Ex before pressing in the clay. This is a great way to colour the clay. It also makes the clay easier to release from the mould.
- Knead dry Pearl Ex powder into polymer clay to colour it.
Try applying the pigment on the raised areas only, it will make the textures pop!