The Retro Ceramic Pot Mosaic is a fun project that can be created by people of all experience levels. We have chosen to cut some of the glass stixs, but if you'd prefer not to cut some of the stixs you can also keep them whole. This colourful pot is suitable to be used both indoors and out. At a compact 8mm in height and width, the pot is perfect for holding succulents or smaller plants. These instructions can be adapted to suit any design.
- Ceramic Pot
- Cement Based Adhesive
- Black Grout
- Tiles - Mixed Glass Stixs 25 x 5mm - 4 packets
- Glass Mosaic Cutters
- Gloves, containers, rags or sponge for grouting
Or, you can purchase the Retro Ceramic Pot Kit which has everything included.
1. Cement-based adhesive instructions
- Mix 400gms of adhesive in approximately 110 mls of water. Add water slowly until you get a porridge-like consistency.
- Stir well ensuring that powder is fully mixed and no lumps.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Create a bed of adhesive then place your tiles. Do not allow your adhesive to dry out while you are working if it is a hot day you can place a damp cloth over the adhesive to help prevent this.
- Allow the adhesive to cure for 24 hours before grouting.