If you would like to make your own, here are some simple instructions to get you started. We have a number of pendants in a variety of shapes and sizes.
Collect your materials. The choice of materials is only limited by your imagination but can include: millefiori, beads, mirror, glass and ceramic tiles. Micro ceramic tiles are a great material, there small size is perfect and earthenware look.
You can lay out your design in one of two ways, either:
• Make a template of the area to be mosaiced by tracing the shape onto a piece of paper. You will need to be exact in your measurements as a millimetre too large and you design won't fit into the blank, or
• Do what I do and play around with your design in the jewellery blank itself.
Glue your pieces, for these pieces I have used Weldbond adhesive and applied it with a small paint brush. Tweezers come in handy for placing the pieces into position. You can also use E-6000 as the adhesive.
Once finished allow the glue to dry and clean up any excess adhesive using a small tool (toothpick, pin etc)
Grout your piece (optional)
MATERIALS THAT YOU CAN USE IN YOUR PENDANTS
- Micro Ceramic Tiles - These gorgeous ceramic tiles are some of the smallest in the world. They are perfect for micro mosaics, mosaic jewellery, outlines or intricate detail within a mosaic. Made using a specialised process, they are actually molded, glazed and fired as tiny as you see them.
- Decorative Embellishments - Mainly include beads in a variety of shapes and sizes, including flowers, birds and a variety of colourful beads.
- Millefiori - Is a beautiful way to add detail and colour to your jewellery
We have a number of jewellery kits available to help you get started.