Christmas is just around the corner so now is the time start thinking about making your Christmas decorations, either to decorate your home or to give away as a beautiful gift. Today's project is a stunning mirrored 'Joy' word. It is really simply to make, the technique being able to be applied to many types of based.
- Mosaic base - this is only limited by your imagination and, can include MDF cut-outs or polystyrene balls, cones or trees.
- Grout - We've used black grout as a contrast
- Mosaic Glass Cutters or scissors to cut the mirror tiles into shape
1. The mirrors are self-adhesive so simply peel them off and stick them to the base. If you would like some extra adhesion you could use PVA adhesive to stick them down.
2. To cut the tiles into shape you can use either scissors or your Mosaic Glass Cutters.
3. Once you have placed all your mirrors you can grout them. Take care when grouting not to scratch the mirrors or move the tiles. I've used black grout to fill the gaps and provide a contrast.
4. I've painted the sides of the MDF base with Silver Acrylic paint, this is optional but effective.
Patience is required when sticking the tiles down, but well worth it for the effect.