Searching the internet the other day I came across a really unique way to decorate mosaic tiles, it's so simple and lots of fun! All you need is the following items, a little bit of time and your creativity. I'd recommend only using this technique on indoor projects and not using harsh adhesives (unless you test them first).
Clear mosaic tiles
- Clear nail polish
- Rubbing alcohol (I used Isocol which you can purchase from a supermarket)
- Coloured nail polish (optional)
Technique1. Apply a coat of clear nail polish to the back of a clear glass tile. Allow the nail polish to dry completely before proceeding to the next step.
2. Wet the newspaper with rubbing alcohol
3. Press the clear glass tile onto the newspaper for about 20 seconds.
4. Remove the newspaper, the newsprint should have transferred to the glass tile. Allow the coat to dry completely before proceeding to the next step.
5. Apply a second coat of clear or coloured nail polish to the back of the tile.
6. You can continue layering the image by repeating these steps.
I found that it took a few goes to get a good result, so be patient and have fun. This technique is a great way to a personalise you mosaic tiles and projects.