- A selection of materials
- Clear liquid nails
- Brown grout
- Materials and supplies for grouting
- Gather your materials and plan the design.
- In planning the design I worked directly on the violin. Start with the large elements then work with the interconnecting elements (the line). The segments created by the circle line where then filled with randomly cut materials.
- Adhere your tesserae to the violin. I've used Clear Liquid Nails as it is a tacky glue capable of holding the larger tesserae in place. You can also 'ball up' the adhesive to give individual pieces height. This is how I achieved the height variation in the Metal Shapes.
4. Allow the adhesive to dry for 24 hours before grouting.
5. Grout your violin, I've used a brown grout for this project. Clean up the grout and allow it to dry for 24 to 48 hours.
Legal Disclaimer: No warranty is implied by these instructions. Use at your own risk. The Mosaic Store and its proprietors are not responsible for the results of any actions taken on the basis of this information, or for any omission in the advice. Please wear appropriate safety equipment when cutting mosaic materials and using grouts and adhesives. Keep out of reach of children. This project is copyrighted and is made available for personal use only. Please ask permission if you wish to copy any part of it.