Jewellery Boxes are a fun project to make for yourself or to give away as a gift.
- Jewellery box
- A selection of materials
- Weldbond adhesive
- Brown grout
- Wheeled cutters
- Paint brush or palette knife for applying adhesive
- Mixing bowls, sponge, water for grouting
- Safety googles
Note: the number of tiles you require will depend upon the size of your jewellery box. Instructions Note: The pattern will need to be modified depending upon the size of your jewellery box.
- Gather jewellery box & materials
- If you have purchased a wooden jewellery box you will need to seal it. Weldbond adhesive can be used as a seler, just mix it in a ratio of 1 part Weldbond to 5 parts water. Apply to surface with a paint brush and allow to dry completely.
- Applying the tiles - Weldbond adhesive is a suitable adhesive for this project as it won't be exposed to any moisture.
- Allow the adhesive to fully cure for 24 hours before grouting. I've used a brown grout mixed with a grout additive. Apply the grout, remove the excess, buff the grout haze away once the grout has started to dry.
Legal Disclaimer: No warranty is implied by these instructions. Use at your own risk. The Mosaic Store and its proprietors are not responsible for the results of any actions taken on the basis of this information, or for any omission in the advice. Please wear appropriate safety equipment when cutting mosaic materials and using grouts and adhesives. Keep out of reach of children. This newsletter is copyrighted and is made available for personal use only. Please ask permission if you wish to copy any part of it.