Tumbled Glass Pieces are an extremely versatile, easy to use and cost effective mosaic material. In this 'How to Mosaic' we demonstrate how easy it is to use and mix with other materials to create beautiful & intricate mosaics.
Being tumbled glass there are no sharp edges and no cutting is required making them easy to use. They are a beautiful mosaic material, which can be used to add texture and colour. Made from 100% recycled glass this material is also environmentally friendly. They are extremely durable, being able to be used both indoors & outdoors, and easy to grout.
Making this tumbled glass mirror is deceptively simply as no cutting or grouting is required.
Tools & Supplies
- Square mirror or a base of your choice
- Weldbond adhesive
- Acrylic paint and paint brush
- Tumbled glass pieces
- Ceramic charms
- Iridised glass Droplets
To get this mirror as a kit just click here....
- Prepare you base by painting it in a suitable colour. You will get some gaps in the glass pieces and this will your mosaic depth.
- Apply a good quality clear adhesive a section at a time and place tumbled glass pieces on top. When laying the tumbled glass pieces, lay a bottom layer first and allow it to dry. To create texture, add more pieces onto of the bottom layer by applying some adhesive directly on top of the glass pieces. Tweezers & patience are recommended when laying the glass pieces. The colour graduation is created by blending the colours gradually throughout the design.
- Add the Ceramic Charms & Iridised Glass Droplets throughout the design, to add another element of interest.
That's it, it's really simple and produces a great looking mosaic!
I have had a few requests to see what the tumbled glass pieces look like grouted. Here is a test piece I've created to show this. The process of grouting is exactly the same as other tiles; a little bit of extra time is need when removing the grout to ensure all pieces are exposed.
Go to Tumbled Glass Pieces now...
Legal Disclaimer: No warranty is implied by these instructions. Use at your own risk. The Mosaic Store and its proprietors are not responsible for the results of any actions taken on the basis of this information, nor for any omission in the advice. Please wear appropriate safety equipment when cutting mosaic materials and using grouts and adhesives. Keep out of reach of children.