With Christmas fast approaching now is it time to start thinking about your Christmas projects, either to give as gifts or to decorate your home. Here is a lovely Christmas Tree, which will lighten up your home for many years to come.
Instructions for Making Mosaic Christmas Trees
- Polystrene Cones
- Adhesive - Cement based adhesive or clear liquid nails.
- Selection of tiles - I've used a selection of Millefiori, Ceramic Charms, Glass Droplets and Mirror Tiles.
- Grout - Black
- Two wheeled nippers (optional)
Go to Tools & Supplies
1. Sealing the polystyrene tree - to seal mix of PVA and water in a 50:50 ration and leave it to dry.
2. Tiling the polystyrene tree
For this decoration I've used a selection of Millefiori, Ceramic Charms, Glass Droplets and Mirror Tiles. The tiles have been placed randomly to represent decorations on a Christmas Tree. An alternate design is to use green tiles and tesserae and white grout, to replicate an actual Christmas Tree. Glass droplets can be used to represent Christmas balls.
For this project you will need to use a tacky adhesive to hold the tiles in place while it dries. Before grouting remove and excess adhesive from the top and sides of the tiles, as this is unsightly when grouted.
I've chosen black grout to highlight the beautiful colours of the tiles. Really it's up to your imagination and preferences what colour you choose.